Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back to this Wedding Stuff: Beautiful Burlap

When  my precious friend Sonja over at VeryVerdant, and I sat down with our bride to be eight months before her big day, I was not privy to what was going on in her pretty head as far as styles, colors, etc that she wanted for her wedding.  I credit Sonja with pulling it all out and forming a workable plan that I could  pull together months in advance while our bride was hundreds of miles away at college.

One of the surprising elements that Becky embraced was burlap.  While I've loved burlap my entire life, it was a bit of a surprise to learn that burlap is a hot decorating item these days.   Here's how it came together . . .


 Sonja made this beautiful bunting for the head table.  It now graces the happy couple's apartment.


We made many of these white burlap flowers that were used in corsages and as table decorations.



If it looks like a bag, it's because it IS a bag!  Several of these with assorted prints graced the coffee service  table. 



Yes, this is a repeat.  Both the boutonnieres and the bouquets were wrapped with burlap.



Last and most certainly not least, awesome pew cones filled with fragrant rosemary from my herb garden.




All images copyright Bonnie B Photography





No comments:

Post a Comment